Mini Personal Water Filtration Straw System,Outdoor Survival kit Emergency Gear Water Filter for Camping Hiking Sports Traveling Climbing Backpacking
Free Shipping Included! Mini Personal Water Filtration Straw System,Outdoor Survival kit Emergency Gear Water Filter for Camping Hiking Sports Traveling Climbing Backpacking by Flyspin at lorideboer.net. MPN: WF001-B. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Specification:Filter pore size: 0.1 micron Filter Capacity: 2000 LitersDimensions: 200mm (7.86'') x 33 mm (1.29'') Weight: 65grams / 2.29 ozFilter
Filter pore size: 0.1 micron
Filter Capacity: 2000 Liters
Dimensions: 200mm (7.86") x 33 mm (1.29")
Weight: 65grams / 2.29 oz
Filter Type: Ultra Membrane Filter, Carbon Filter and Mesh Cotton Pre-Filter container.
The Personal Water Filter Straw is great items to add to your emergency bug out gear bag that you keep in you backpack, car, travel bag or camper at all times. The unit is a plastic filter straw that allows you to drink directly from a water source. It is about 8" long and 1" in diameter. The end you place in your mouth has a tapered fitting for easy drawing. The side that goes in the water has a screen filter to filter out particles. Both ends have secured, removable caps that allow you to cover the end when not in use. The filter itself is made out of Chemical free hollow-fiber UF membrane with industry leading edge coconut shell activated carbon and can filter down to .01 microns.
I tried the unit out on a recent hike in the Adirondack Mountains of Upstate New York. Anyone who has ever hiked in the Adirondacks' knows that it is not difficult to find a water source, but a clean one can be a problem. There is an active beaver population, so beaver fever and other waterborne illnesses can be a big concern when drinking from unpurified water sources. I tried the straw in a pond, running steam, and small lake and each time it worked great. In all cases the water was relatively clear and clean. I do not know if I would use this in a polluted standing pond, dirty swamp or other heavily sediment laden water, however.
This is a nice thing to have as a secondary, back up filtration unit.
To make it more useful to backpackers and campers, I recommend that threads be put on the inside of the water inlet so that a standard disposable water bottle can be screwed to the Filter Straw.
Features & Highlights
- "I have used this multiple times when I've run out of water while hiking along mountain rivers/streams. Namely, in Mt. Hood national forest in Oregon. I was kind of scared the first time, but I didn't get sick and now I'm 100% a solid believer. This thing is bigger than the name brand, and it filters well. It tastes like water, because it is water, just filtered. I highly recommend this one, though. It's got a cap & comes with a long straw in case you want to drink out of a bottle of water "
- "Used this on a trek in Nepal. My Nepali guide drank water from the tap. I used this on the same water. He got sick. I was happy and healthy. What a great way to avoid plastic bottles and stay hydrated and healthy!! Other trekkers were jealous that my water was ready instantly unlike other filters."
- "I'm not set up with a testing laboratory, so I can't verify any of the filtration claims made. I assume they are all correct as stated. This says it filters almost all bacteria, plus heavy metals. I interpret this to mean it does not necessarily filter out smaller organisms like viruses, or outright poisons and pollutants like petroleum products, insecticide runoff, etc. This is intended for drinking water from 'relatively' clean sources like clean lakes, running brooks, etc. "
- "For campers and hikers the water filter is an amazing item to keep in your pack. It's a major weight saver. Keeps me from having to carry large, heavy water containers.It does a great job of filtering out impurities. the pond water tasted just like tap water thanks to the dual stage filtration system which removed up to 99.9% of bacteria. And then there is the secondary coconut activated carbon filter and that removes any chemical contaminants."
- "You just never know when you will need this simple yet life saving tool. Water is vital to survival and it's good to know that if something happened and water needed to be filtered in an emergency, you can do it easily"
|Package Weight:||0.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.39 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches|